5.step 3 Contraceptive and you will safer sex
On age of 16-17 years old, two thirds (68%) stated that they had not yet got sexual activity by this ages, with no significant variations in the age that women and you will males had gender for the first time:
- Just over one in fifteen (7% regarding males and you will six% out of female) mentioned that they’d gender for the first time in the many years 14 otherwise young.
- Up to one in ten (9% regarding guys and you can 10% off lady) said they first had gender during the age 15.
- One in half a dozen (17% regarding people and you may 16% regarding girls) advertised sex the very first time at age 16 or 17 (Profile 5.2).
According to 2018 Federal Questionnaire regarding College Scholar and you may Sexual Fitness, pressing an individual’s own pussy are the preferred sexual behaviour (89%), followed closely by deep making out (74%), being handled into the vagina (66%) otherwise coming in contact with a partner’s genitals (65%), and up to 1 / 2 of advertised which have involved with oral sex at least after (Fisher et al., 2019).
Notes: letter = 1,469 people and 1,434 ladies. In the Trend seven interview, 54.4% of the analysis youngsters about K cohort were aged sixteen age and you will forty five.3% was in fact old 17 years. Ten children was indeed aged 18 at the time of the Wave 7 interviews. Source: LSAC Trend eight, K cohort, adjusted Borrowing: Longitudinal Examination of Australian Youngsters 2019 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/cuatro.0/)
From inside the Waves six and seven from LSAC, study members on K cohort (aged 14-15 and you will sixteen-17) exactly who said having sex at least one time was asked about the new steps they had used to prevent pregnancy and you will intimately transmitted bacterial infections the last big date they had gender
Regarding the matter from the strategies regularly prevent pregnancy, the options during the age 14-fifteen (Wave 6) were: ‘None’, ‘Birth manage pills’, ‘Condoms’, ‘Other’ and you may ‘Not sure’.
During the Revolution seven (ages 16-17), a bigger listing of alternatives was provided integrated ‘None’, ‘Birth handle pills’, ‘Condoms’, ‘Morning once pill’, ‘Contraceptive implant’, ‘Contraceptive injection’, ‘Intrauterine equipment (IUD)’, ‘Diaphragm’, ‘Vaginal ring’, ‘Other’, and you can ‘Not sure’.
Regarding concern throughout the procedures regularly prevent sexually carried bacterial infections, your options was indeed the same in the ages 14-15 and you can sixteen-17: ‘None’, ‘Condoms’, ‘Other’ and you may ‘Not sure’.
Certainly toddlers who had been sexually active, most were utilizing sometimes condoms otherwise birth-control tablets to help you avoid pregnancies; and more than was indeed taking precautions to quit intimately transmitted attacks (STIs) (Table 5.1).
- Three-out regarding four (76% of men and you can 73% out-of female) said they’d utilized an effective condom to end pregnancy the very last date they’d gender.
- When you are as much as one out of three ladies https://datingmentor.org/senior-friend-finder-review/ (30%) and another inside the ten males (10%) mentioned that they (otherwise its spouse) had made use of birth prevention tablets to end maternity. The amount of findings was too tiny for these rates so you can be considered legitimate.
- Around three when you look at the five (75% regarding males and you can 77% away from females) said they’d used a great condom to cease STIs the very last date that they had intercourse.
- Nearly one out of four (19%) said it don’t fool around with people approach to end STIs.
One of several thirty-two% off sixteen-17 12 months olds just who reported with got intercourse about immediately following inside 2016 (Dining table 5.1):
- About three during the four (78% away from guys and 71% out-of female) mentioned that they had used a great condom to stop maternity the latest past time that they had sex.
- To one out of four men (27%) plus one in 2 lady (46%) mentioned that it (or its partner) got made use of birth-control pills to end pregnancy.
Note: n = step 1,430 males and you will step one,434 people. Source: LSAC Revolution 7, K cohort, weighted Credit: Longitudinal Examination of Australian Students 2019 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)